Theory and action learning (including experientials and practicals) are merged to provide a stimulating experience for participants on the AgMP. This intensive programme is for agribusiness managers and players in the agriculture value chain who seek practical skills and solutions to challenges in their organisations/businesses.
Its content and design are based on a comprehensive needs analysis and innovative design process developed in collaboration with practitioners and experts in the agribusiness industry.
On this programme, participants will:
- Gain exposure to current global, regional and domestic trends and market realities to enhance strategic capabilities and planning.
- Understand the changing roles of policymakers and government agencies in shaping the value chain.
- Adopt an action learning approach, with an emphasis on skills development and application of learning to field-based projects in your organisation.
- Use strategic planning tools and management strategies to utilise the growing opportunities for processed food.
- Understand the value chain linkages and players to inform the design of appropriate financial instruments.
The AgMP is for company executives and managers with decision-making power, professionals in charge of considerable portfolios and projects within organisations. This covers a range of stakeholders across the agricultural sector including:
- Development Organisations/NGO’s
- Producer/Farmer Organisations
- Agribusiness Corporations
- Policymakers/Government Agencies
- Value Chain Players
- Financial Institutions