Knowledge and Experience to Chart a New Career Path
Lagos Business School’s focus over the years has been to develop responsible leaders for Africa and the world. Our full-time MBA offers you the opportunity to gain managerial skills and competencies required to jump-start your career or start a business in an emerging economy. Learn more about LBS special partnership with Yale School of Management, United States. Take a look at our Executive Coaching and Mentoring
The Lagos Business School MBA equips students with a thorough knowledge of the main business disciplines, analytical competencies and problem-solving capabilities in addition to strong industry engagement. The MBA also focuses on developing salient skills like critical thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and social innovation.
The full-time MBA programme comprises:
- 15 months of in-class study and at least 72 credit hours of coursework. Classes run from Monday through Friday. The case-study method is used to facilitate learning. Each course uses 20 cases on average.
- 18 months with three (3) semesters: two (2) semesters in the first academic year and one (1) in the final year.
- After 9 months of academic work, a 12-week project-based corporate internship is organised with local and international organisations.
- The last semester is an elective semester. Students can choose to participate in an international student exchange programme with our partner schools abroad or offer electives locally.
- Full scholarships are available for students with a background in medical sciences, while part- time scholarships exist for students of other backgrounds. Applications are welcome after admission has been accepted.
The case-study method is used to facilitate learning. Each course uses 20 cases on average.
Knowledge of the Main Business Disciplines
Graduates should have a well-rounded knowledge of the main business disciplines, embodying an understanding of their theoretical foundations, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge to actual problems
Problem Solving Capabilities
Graduates should be able to demonstrate problem solving capacity through lateral, critical, innovative and creative connections among diverse fields of study in analyzing problems. They should also have developed the capacity to perceive many relevant features in business problems and situations, overcoming purely functional points of view.
Graduates should have developed the capacity to apply relevant tools of economic, financial and quantitative analysis
Graduates should have a global perspective, based on an understanding of both the domestic and global environments of the organisation and an acquaintance with current Nigerian and global best practices
Graduates should have internalised high standards of professional ethics. They should see the management profession as an opportunity of service to society and to other members of the organisations in which they work.
|Brush up||September 2021 – September 2021|
|1st Semester||September 2021 – February 2022|
|2nd Semester||February 2022 – June 2022|
|Internship||July 2022 – September 2022|
|1st Semester||October 2022 – December 2022|
|2nd Semester||January 2023 – March 2023|
|Exchange (Inbound)||October 2022 – December 2022|
|Exchange (Outbound)||January 2023 – March 2023|
You will start the MBA programme with a preparatory module that provides a foundation for the MBA courses. This module includes sessions in Accounting, Business English, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis and more.
Complete all courses included in the curriculum of the first
This is an integral part of the programme. You will submit a report to your supervisors at the end of the project. The internship programme provides exposure to the intricacies of the business world where you are expected to explore business environments and apply principles and concepts acquired during the first year of the programme.
You can choose from a number of electives which could be taken at the school or in one of the exchange programmes of the school’s strategic partners.