The Certificate in Nonprofit Management for Senior Executives (aged 18 -35) is designed to strengthen the leadership, governance, and management capacity of experienced young executives working in or with nonprofit organisations. The program equips participants to deal with strategic and high-level challenges and opportunities in their organisations and community.
It is designed as a highly practical and experiential executive leadership course to refine the skillsets of nonprofit leaders. The certificate program also gives participants the opportunity to create a network of local, national, and international nonprofit executives committed to working across organisations, communities, and sectors to address public needs.
This programme is supported by the Ford Foundation
Participants must have at least 5 years of working experience and be between 18 – 35 years old
Programme Modules will include:
- Corporate governance and board effectiveness
- Strategic fundraising and grant management
- Human capital and performance management
- Responsible leadership and ethics
- Succession planning
- Partnerships, Collaboration, and Stakeholder Engagement
Key Learning Outcomes
Through the Certificate in Nonprofit Management for Senior Executive participants will
- Develop effective 21st Century Nonprofit Leadership skills and craft strategic goals to improve leadership practices.
- Refine their board governance, strategy and talent management capacity
- Learn strategic practices for leading and managing change in their organisations and society
- Develop leadership tools necessary to influence policy decisions, encourage collaboration, and build coalitions
- Leverage techniques for fundraising, grant management, and stakeholder engagement
- Explore strategies for building and sustaining partnerships