This course seeks to explain the link between an organisation’s budget and its strategic plan, advise managers of the overall organisational goal, project organisational and department-specific volumes, recognise the relationship between volume, revenue and expenses, and set organisational and department-specific budgetary goals using peer benchmarks.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
At the end of this programme, you will gain the :
- Knowledge of the common accounting tools companies use for planning and controlling what to do for customer satisfaction and market place success.
- Provision of a measure of the financial results a company expects from its planned activities.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and how to avoid them.
- Financial Planning and Control
- Budgets and Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Steps in Developing an Operating Budget, Cash
- Budget, Budgeted Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- Budget Preparation Case Study
- Budgeting, Responsibility Accounting and Human Aspects of Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting
- Sensitivity Analysis in Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
- Budgeting and IT (1)
- Budgeting and IT (2)
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – General Session
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – Work in Teams