The needs to link the budget to the organization’s strategic plan, advise the managers of the overall organization goals, project organizational and department-specific volumes, recognize the relationship between volume and revenue, between volume and expenses, and set many of the organizational and department specific budgetary goals using peer benchmarks; are the issues discussed in this seminar. We also discuss the how of preparing various Budgets including Cash Budgets.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Knowledge of the common accounting tools companies use for planning and controlling what they must do to satisfy their customers and succeed in the market place.
- Provision of a measure of the financial results a company expects from its planned activities.
- By planning for the future, managers learn to anticipate potential problems and how to avoid them.
- Instead of subsequently facing problems, managers can focus their energies on exploiting opportunities
- Financial Planning and Control
- Budgets and Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Steps in Developing an Operating Budget, Cash
- Budget, Budgeted Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- Budget Preparation Case Study
- Budgeting, Responsibility Accounting and Human Aspects of Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting
- Sensitivity Analysis in Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
- Budgeting and IT (1)
- Budgeting and IT (2)
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – General Session
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – Work in Teams