Corporate Communication Officer
The successful candidate will create and manage the perception of LBS as a world-class brand. To be successful in this role, you must possess an in-depth local knowledge of our business and management among key stakeholders while also devising an exceptional marketing strategy for the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Generate content for the website and annual report – research and compile news stories and relevant information about the School and Faculty.
- Prepare and issue news releases about achievements, programmes and major school events.
- Create Content and ensure Faculty footprint in the media by sourcing interviews, opinions for editorials, articles etc. – Present (edit) academic information in a reader-friendly manner.
- Build and manage relationships with the press. Prepare and issue press invitations to media houses for major school events.
- Monitor news about and related to the school in the media.
- Work with the graphic artist to prepare newspaper adverts, in-house flyers and posters for the School’s programmes. Monitor for quality and accuracy of the content.
- Staff newsletter project management – work with the graphic artist to prepare the monthly staff newsletter after researching and compiling stories and relevant information.
- Manage internal communications
- Help execute cross-functional projects such as the career fair, alumni exhibitions, graduation ceremonies.
- Manage the store of branded items- procurement, stock management, retrieval, reconciliation, order management.
- Manage publications store–stock management, retrieval, order management
Proofread and edit all publications to be published or circulated to external parties.
- Perform a monthly audit on outgoing correspondence.
- Manage relationships with and prepare payments for vendors; keep records of all payments made.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a zeal for continuous professional improvement.
- Results-focused, a self-starter, energetic and able to work with minimum supervision
- Business writing, journalistic and administrative skills
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate communication/ public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative writing skills and conceptualisation
Bachelors’ degree in any discipline (preferably Mass Communication or English)
Professional Qualification – NIPR, APCON membership
Should have at least 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role
Interested and qualified should click on this link to apply(Copy and paste link in your browser); https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnMjJfAZ2hbiayk_8NNXBDgd5JT2CoelzkiP3n-hd9WnFNNA/viewform?usp=pp_url