The Advancement Officer will work directly with the Director to identify, cultivate, pursue and keep annual gift and support for LBS. Strategize on and implement efforts to secure new and untapped resources. He/She handles the overall success of annual giving. Help maintain strong relationships with prospects and givers. The officer administers all aspects of annual giving which include: direct mail; reporting on donor database and manual back up schedules; events; donor relations, recognition, and stewardship.
- Provide leadership for messaging/implementation/evaluation of all aspects of a highly segmented and messaged Annual Donation Program.
- Work with external vendors and internal staff to create and coordinate Annual Giving & Sponsorship Appeal, and other related projects to meet the fund-raising objectives of the department, under the guidance of the Director
- Promote and implement an effective Annual Giving Society Program.
- Work with the Director of Advancement in identifying, researching, profiling and cultivating prospects for increased Annual and Other Giving.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of key cultivation and stewardship activities & events.
- Plan and implement multi-faceted programs that increase goodwill and positive relationships with the school.
- Promote events that encourage Donor involvement, including preparing promotional materials.
- Oversees the management of Advancement software systems to run reports, queries, and mailing lists as advised by the Director, creates and tracks even fundraising goals and attendance, and updates and maintain records as necessary.
- To get raw contact details data from School and events e.g. breakfast club, seminars, etc.
- Attend events to get donations to LBS, from non-alumni.
- Segment and document the raw contact details got from attending functions for proper follow up.
- Follow up on the feedback from the call/visit/event report, to where the intended support or donation is received by LBS from the donor/prospect.
- Execute process flow steps from receipt of the pledge to donate to stewardship
- To meet/achieve Call centre Target/Budget/Deliverables and other departmental objectives.
- Respond to prospective donors’ complaints and inquiries.
- Provide donors and prospective donors with reliable information about the school.
- Document all department account transactions using the process flow schedule.
- Record, and file all departmental documents and events effectively.
At least a University degree or it’s equivalent in any field
Minimum of five years’ experience working in a corporate environment and profit-oriented organization e.g. banks.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong Social Media Skills
- Info mining skill, especially from the internet
- A broad range of interests eg Sports, Music, Int’l Affairs, etc
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Result Oriented and Attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and writing skills: the ability to interact with a variety of people and clearly convey information in writing and in person.
- Fundraising & Customer service skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative independently; Commitment to respect and maintain the confidentiality of donor information.
- Kindly note this role requires some travel.
- Proven project management skills.
- Planning & organizational skills
- General management & administrative skills
Interested and qualified applicant should click here to apply; https://lbs.seamlesshiring.com/job/view/6/advancement-officer