The Owner Manager Programme (OMP) is designed for owners/managing directors of small and medium scale organisations. The OMP is designed to provide business owners with skills and capacity for development of long-term strategic plans to transform their businesses and drive profitability.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
The OMP will enable participants:
- Acquire knowledge of steps required to build competitive and sustainable businesses.
- Gain knowledge on the importance of entrepreneurial leadership to inspire creativity and build commitment at all levels in their organisation.
- Understand how to innovate systematically in cost-effective ways that are relevant to the customer.
- Develop critical skills required to continuously identify and assess new business opportunities.
- Master the business dynamics and benefits of for-profit businesses with a social impact and its importance for business sustainability.
- Discover how to build a culture of excellence for sustained competitive advantage.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Founders or business owners/co-owners of companies in existence for a minimum of 2 years with at least N50m annual turnover.
- Partners in professional firms with at least five professionals.
- Click here to fill the online application form or make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form should be sent electronically
- All applications undergo a thorough screening process prior to confirmation of admission
- The Programme Manager will get in touch with you as soon as you have been given admission.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE & LEARNING PROCESS:
Varied combinations of learning activities are employed on the Programme. These are designed to stimulate learning in participants as well as investigate new approaches to management by providing new skills and a platform for practical application.
The main pedagogical tool used in the OMP is the case study method. Skills are built through targeted lectures, readings, presentations and case studies, discussed in study groups with the aim of introducing new ideas and theories that challenge participants' existing perspectives. This approach also permits participants to benefit from the latent knowledge of experienced faculty. Learning also includes business simulation games, business impact assessment, sharing of entrepreneurial journeys by participants and executive coaching sessions.
Delivery is over six months of six modules. Participants will be in class one week (Monday – Friday) every month.
2018 Programme dates
||March 5 - August 17, 2017
||May 14 - October 6, 2018
|| July 16 - November 30, 2018
||August 27 - December 14, 2018
||September 10, 2018 - January 18, 2019
Participants on this module will be opportune to visit top organisations, learn and exchange ideas with the Kenyan business community in addition to taking a module in Strathmore Business School owner-manager programme class. Payment for this international module is not included in the fees.
The participants will be required to visit a number of international companies during the international modules and the objective is to learn first-hand from CEOs. Relevant topics will be identified by the academic director and the participants are expected to identify and gain knowledgeable insights.
Programme fee is N2,445,000 ( two million, four hundred and forty-five thousand Naira) plus $3,500 for the international Module. An initial deposit of 70% of programme fee is required to secure a place once admission is offered. The balance payment is made before the end of the month of the second module.
This is a day set aside for participants to show appreciation and love to family members. Participants are expected to come around with spouses and children and there will be family bonding activities along with a pre-recorded two-minute video from participants to loved ones.
The OMP creates a unique environment that provides each participant with the individual insight, coaching, strategies and leadership skills needed to achieve better decisions and results for their company.
For further enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com or call Vivian Akere on 07086095194 or Arinze Maduekwe on 07080070552 or Ben Eliezer on 08086726686 or Efosa Ajorgbor on 07019900758
- The teaching and applications are very practical and interactive. The sessions were great.
Tosin Oyajowo (Executive Director, Connect Marketing Services Ltd)
- The OMP class has been very impactful, very demanding, and has added tremendous value to me. I strongly recommend it to all my friends in the industry.
Mrs Toyin Bakare (Executive Director, SAS Textiles Ltd)