This programme focuses on the accounting and finance functions, the tasks and responsibilities thereon of the non-finance and non-accounting senior executive or manager; for finance and financial accounting, reporting, and analysis as well as cost reports and information, cost analysis and cost management. The aim is to provide participants with knowledge and skills to understand, prepare and use financial statements and other financial information and reports; both for reporting to investors and for internal use by executives in management decision making, planning, controlling and evaluating the business performance.
The format of this one-week programme has been designed recognising the participant's busy schedule, especially for those attending from out of Lagos. Learning is without group or peer pressure, as all participants (peers occupying similar positions in their companies) have no prior knowledge or skill in accounting, costing or finance. A small class size is maintained to ensure close faculty attention and foster individual learning.
- Introduction to and foundations of financial accounting
- Corporate financial accounting and financial reporting
- Business and financial statement reporting and analysis
- Introduction to and foundations of cost and management accounting
- Strategic revenue and cost management: cost and revenue analysis & management
- Budgeting, financial planning, and control
- Corporate Financial Management
- Working Capital Financial Management
- Treasury Financial Management
Key Learning Outcomes
The aim is to provide participants with knowledge and skills to read, understand, and prepare and use financial statements and other financial information and reports, both for reporting to investors and for internal use by executives in management decision making, planning, controlling and evaluating the business performance.
This programme is designed to benefit:
Senior executives, company directors, owner managers, senior executives/managers and other professionals without accounting and finance knowledge or skills, who need to make informed use of corporate financial statements and managerial accounting reports or information as well as business finance decisions.
May 14 – 18, 2018