Most companies believe that, after careful strategic review, analysis and planning, they have a winning strategy. The unfortunate truth however is that the vast majority of companies fail to get what they want out of their strategic plan and that the problems usually begin with execution. The result of this is both organizational failure and individual stress and frustration – especially for the executives charged with implementation. Rationally, these executives have clear ideas and know what they need to do – and yet they cannot get it done. They may even have read the recent research, showing that hidden psychological or sociological factors are as important for success as the rational or measureable factors. But how can they learn about issues that are, by definition, intangible?
It provides the insights and tools to bridge that difficult gap between the rational development of strategy and real-life execution. It helps to identify hidden traps, balance the rational with the emotional and build the internal capability to continue implementing strategy successfully.
This programme is about strategy and its implementation using the balanced scorecard. It is based on the premise that the ability to execute strategy is even more important than the quality of the strategy itself, and that it also requires the right leadership. The programme also provides a ready-made support network in the form of fellow participants facing similar challenges.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Build strategy executing capabilities
- Build change management capabilities
- Acquire strategic / transformational leadership skills
- Evolve key principles of strategy implementation for their organizations
- Strategy in a Turbulent Environment
- Strategy Execution Issues
- Group Preparation (Challenges of Strategy Implementation)
- Challenges of Strategy Implementation
- The Balanced Scorecard – Strategy Implementation Tool
- Implementing the Balanced Scorecard
- Group Preparation (Performance Drivers/Metric)
- Performance Drivers/Metric
- Group Preparation (Performance Tracking & Evaluation)
- Performance Tracking & Evaluation
- Group Preparation (People Issues in Strategy Implementation)
- People Issues in Strategy Implementation
- Group Preparation (Building Competitive Advantage through Execution)
- Building Competitive Advantage through Execution
- Playing to Win