It has become imperative for leading organisations to understand the impact of their activities and sustainability efforts on the broader ecosystem. Social Impact Assessment (SIA) – the process of analysing, monitoring and managing social issues- is vital to understanding the holistic impact of a company’s activities. SIA could, therefore, reduce risks, enhance decision-making and create value for communities.
This seminar is specially tailored to enable individuals and organisations learn how to conduct social impact assessments and report sustainability information using globally recognised frameworks.
Key Learning Outcomes
Conduct Baseline Studies
- Understand the rudiments of conducting social impact assessment and materiality analysis to gain insight into business risks and opportunities.
- Learn how to identify and engage host communities and other key stakeholders in creating shared value.
Design Social Impact Mitigation Plan
- Understand how to design a social impact mitigation plan as well as the process of monitoring and evaluating social investments.
Reporting Sustainability Information
- Learn to report sustainability information using global reporting standards.
- Beyond Profitability: The Need for Social Impact Assessment.
- Baseline Studies.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Social Impact Management.
- Reporting sustainability information using global reporting standards.