This programme provides knowledge and skills to assure requirements in contracts are delivered, maximising value to buyers. The focus is on setting up contract execution for success, from start-up, to ongoing performance, and close out of the business relationship between the buyer company and its supply chain partners. The aim is to identify contractual and extra-contractual mechanisms for realising the objectives of the procurement and contract strategy, and exceeding the value delivery expectations to the contracting parties.
- Review procurement routes leading to award of contracts
- Different types of contracts and implications in execution
- Transition planning for incoming and out-going contractors
- Initiate Contract Start-up, meetings, roles, etc
- Manage Contract Performance and Relationship (including Ethics and Compliance)
- Contract clauses that govern control measures
- Forms of dispute resolution and application
- Ethical issues in procurement
- Contract close-out
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, you will have the ability to:
- Develop and plan contract execution in line with contracting best practices.
- Manage contract implementation goals and objectives to achieve optimum value improvement.
- Execute contract award in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Understand ethics and compliance issues and dilemmas in contract management.