Manufacturing plays a significant role in our society. Apart from being a significant contributor to national GDP and a substantial employer of labour, it also provides an attractive return on investment (ROI) to investors when adequately managed. However, it takes a great deal of effort, in planning and coordination, to get a manufacturing business to produce and deliver goods to customers at a competitive price. This is even more challenging in an emerging market setting, where there is a deficiency of critical infrastructure required to run a successful manufacturing business.
Companies are experiencing intense competition and growth in emerging markets in spite of environmental challenges and production issues. To compete effectively, firms must be managed to create efficient operations that provide sustainable business performance.
The focus of this online course is to sharpen the skills of those engaged in the manufacturing business. The course is designed to enable managers to develop and run efficient manufacturing operations in an emerging market. This course will discuss some practical strategies and techniques that can be adapted to excel in the manufacturing environment.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the peculiar challenges involved in managing manufacturing operation in an emerging economy
- Organise and run manufacturing processes effectively and efficiently
- Coordinate the activities of vendors and distribution partners along the supply chain
- Discuss new trends in modern manufacturing technologies and systems
- Module 1: Business process management
- Module 2: Supply chain and inventory management
- Module 3: Production planning and control
- Module 4: Quality management