The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly disrupted the world as we have always known it. Businesses have been forced to go through rapid transformations just to remain afloat. The disruption caused by the pandemic has in many ways forced businesses to go back to asking core questions of why they exist, who they are built to serve and why their customers should continue to patronise them. The consequence of the economic challenges which many economists have termed as depression, recession, and economic stop has also diminished consumer disposable income and further expanded the strain businesses are facing.
There is a need for businesses to review their entire strategy and business model and consequently develop a strategic plan and execution roadmap that will comprehensively look at all parts of their value chain from the producer to their end customer to determine what the core priorities are and what most important choices they should make with the available information on market conditions and projections.
This seminar is designed to equip participants with skills and competence required to craft new strategies in the light of the circumstances that COVID-19 has created and also put in place structures that will facilitate the execution of the strategy.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
After the programme, you will be able to:
- review your strategies and build new strategic plans. You will also change your targets and revise your assumptions
- roll-out new execution plans in line with the challenges that occur during mass disruptions
The programme will combine synchronous and asynchronous approaches in engaging and providing you with the tools and frameworks required to ask and answer the right questions about your strategies and develop appropriate execution plans.
The programme will run over two weeks with four modules and four live sessions. In between the sessions, there will be uploaded videos, video slides, case studies and technical notes.
Module 1: Strategy in a turbulent environment
- Introduction to Strategic planning
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Strategic planning in an organisation
Module 2: Environmental analysis
- Introduction to environmental analysis
- Forces shaping the business environment
- Ranking critical driving forces by importance and uncertainty
- Making critical judgments as to what the environment means for a business
Module 3: Business model and value chain redesign
- Reviewing your business model
- Reviewing your value chain
- Identifying the vulnerabilities in your business model
- Redesigning parts of your business model
- Refocusing your value chain
Module 4: Strategy execution planning
- Building execution into your plan
- Reviewing your execution
- Assigning roles and responsibilities
- The strategy review process