Logistics and supply chain management have been described as the planning and coordination of the activities necessary to achieve the desired levels of service at the lowest possible cost. The seminar explores the key managerial tasks that should be coordinated and controlled to achieve an efficient and effective logistics and supply chain programme for the organization. This seminar focuses on helping participants gain new insights into how the application of the tools can transform their competitive position.
Key Learning Outcome
Acquisition and internalization of the skills and tools necessary to efficiently and effectively manage organizations logistics and supply chain especially during difficult times
- Understanding international logistics and supply chain concepts
- Logistics customers service management
- Developing logistics philosophy and planning
- Procurement of goods and services within the supply chain
- Legal issues in Logistics
- Ethical issues in Logistics
- Exploring the applications of the contracts of trade
- Category management within the context of domestic procurement.
- Inventory Management
- What are inventories?
- How are they organized, managed.
- Inventory roles in the supply chain
- Warehouse concepts and application
- Supply chain simulation and financial issues
- The beer game
- Lesson from the game
- Transportation/Haulage of goods
- Financial considerations
- IT application of people issue
- IT applications to logistics /SC
- People make Logistics happens
- Performance Management