This is a detailed financial modeling programme that seeks to equip participants with practical knowledge and skills in modeling financial statements, enterprise valuation, M & A (Accretion/Dilution) using DCF enabled by Excel. With a hand-holding approach, participants will build models from the scratch. This will be achieved with real case studies, industry best practices and sensitivity analyses.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel used in financial modeling
- Knowledge and skills in modeling financial statement, business and enterprise valuation, and Merger & Acquisition (Accretion/Dilution)
- Learning of the conceptual underpinnings of the valuation framework followed by step-by-step training for building a professional, robust discounted cash flow (DCF) model in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analysis
- Building of a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios.
- Financial Modeling with Excel – General Session
- Basic Modeling Practice (Work in Teams – Caselets/Exercises)
- Gathering historical documents/information for Financial Statement Modeling
- Financial Statement Modeling – Income Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Balance Sheet
- Financial Statement Modeling – Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Exercises with Caselets
- Introduction to Financial Modeling & Application to Enterprise Valuation
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Work in Teams – Hands on Exercise to Build Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling Review and Applications in Corporate Finance.
- Defining the Modeling Problem and Parameter
- Building the Model : A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Building the Model (II): A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) I