In a constantly changing, knowledge based and conflict prone national and global economy, managing employer-employee relations is so critical on so many levels.
Getting the best out of human capital is critical to the creation of value and winning against competition. Society is becoming more legal rights conscious, regulations and legal trip wires are steadily exploding. Employment relations framework in Nigeria has become legal rights based and more litigious with the enhancement of the National Industrial Court’s jurisdiction.
Therefore, employers today are faced with intricate labour and employment concerns that require knowledgeable guidance. Understanding the legal issues affecting your workplace has become a critical success factor in determining the health of your organisation. All managers, not just HR managers need to be acquainted with employment law and relations practice. Lawyers involved in the employment relationship also require continuous education to keep updated on changing norms, laws and advanced practical legal strategies, including the developing jurisprudence of the National Industrial Court with its tilt towards upholding global best practices.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Developing proactive labour and employment practices and policies
- Negotiating agreements with organized labour and employee groups
- Ensuring compliance with established and emerging labour and employment laws
- Practical advanced defense strategies for winning employment litigation
- Internal resolution of disputes, whenever and wherever they arise
- Legal Framework – Fair work Systems: The Employment Contract
- Work Health and Safety, Discrimination and Diversity
- Workplace investigations, grievance procedures
- Employee/Industrial Relations principles, practices and law
- Enterprise/Labour negotiations and collective bargaining & Negotiations Role Play
- Practice and procedure in the National Industrial Relations Court