The Corporate Sustainability Programme is an online certificate programme which aims to provide current and Africa focused management knowledge in the area of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and responsible business. The programme is delivered online via LBS eLearn platform.
In the last two decades, there has been growing interest in the role that business plays in society. This has led to more businesses creating roles for corporate sustainability leads, corporate social responsibility officers, environmental and social risk management and managers and so on. While these professionals are tasked with driving, promoting and managing sustainability within their organisations, they often experience difficulties in delivering their objectives due to a knowledge gap and limited training for their specific roles. The programme provides a self-paced learning option for busy professionals to learn and understand the business case for sustainable development and better deliver on their jobs as sustainability professionals in their firms and/or organisations.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the concepts, principles and practices in corporate sustainability
- Understand the unique opportunities and risks of implementing sustainability strategies and programmes in Africa.
- Gain insights into methods and processes for organisations to improve and measure their economic, social and environmental performance and value creation
- Develop the capacity to drive and manage sustainability projects in workplaces and other situations.
- Business and Sustainability in Africa
- Creating value for customers, host communities and employees through social impact
- Social Impact assessment- best practices
- Capturing and measuring social impact as performance management
- Sustainability Reporting- Transition to GRI Standards