Increased intercultural interaction and diversity – a consequence of globalisation and the attendant virtual nature of today’s work across national and cultural boundaries – is drawing attention to the inter-cultural dimensions of interpersonal and cross-organisational communication.
Over time, the workplace has witnessed a multiplicity of generations. Managing and relating across these various generations of the workforce have become a bit of a challenge. More so, in the current VUCA economy we operate, the need to acquire the right people influencing skills has become heightened..
The Influencing and Assertiveness at Work programme aims to produce managers who can deploy communication competence in a range of situations requiring the management of intrapersonal, interpersonal and inter-cultural relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes
After the programme, Participants will be able to:
- Build and maintain self-esteem
- Understand the ‘How’ and ‘Why’ of effective communication
- Acquire people influencing skills
- Learn how to be assertive at work
- Establish personal rights, privileges, self-role and responsibility
- Understanding assertiveness
- Thought process and behavior
- Managing feedback
- Personal power: building and managing self-esteem
- Assertiveness tools and techniques
- Interpersonal recognition and respect
- Managing personal power