For a long time HR had to struggled to get a seat in the boardroom of their organizations. Today, the question is “What does HR bring into the room and what should HR bring”? Related to these are questions around how HR could more effectively demonstrate the huge value it makes and can make to deliver today’s result and perpetually in a rapidly changing world. The climate within the organization is a major source of performance erosion and winning this strategic internal war is as crucial as winning the external competitive battles.
By understanding how to ensure internal translation and expression of their brand positioning so that there is an alignment between the culture within and their desired external perception of their brands, participants are prepared to better leverage the dynamic variables in the war, so that investments in Human Capital effectively complements the other crucial external competitive battles in the area of Brand Management, Marketing and Sales, supply chain and cost optimization.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
The program will strengthen demonstrate the personal and functional attributes and competencies of effective HR functions and HR practitioners. Participants will strengthen their capacity to:
- Develop and use strategic lenses to see the rapidly changing Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal (PESTEL) contexts of their business
- Develop and leverage a People Leadership Brand that ensure an internal translation and expression of their brand positioning in their culture and values
- Use the insight from PESTEL scanning above to inform strategic choices for resourcing the business, developing people and grow leaders.
- Conduct People Impact Assessments for changes, innovations and initiatives that the organization wishes to embark upon for all major business development decisions.
- Be credible and trusted custodians of the organizational climate, values and culture and provide demonstrably valuable support to make their business partners successful. That way HR support is gets to be sought and invited by business partners not imposed or at best accepted grudgingly.
- Ensure that HR Systems and Processes are aligned to rapidly changing technology and innovation so that they remain cost effective, efficient and intuitive to evolving business and demographic needs