LBS is a community of people committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity and relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
In order to achieve this mission the School seeks to:
- Provide high potential professionals with a general management education which stresses professional ethics and service to the community through the practice of management
- Have a positive impact on the professional and ethical standards of business management in Nigeria
- Make intellectual contributions which: (a) support the practice of management; (b) contribute to the advancement of the management disciplines; and (c) create high quality teaching materials
Knowledge of the main business disciplines
Graduates should have a well-rounded knowledge of the main business disciplines, embodying an understanding of their theoretical foundations, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge to actual problems.
Problem solving capabilities
Graduates should be able to demonstrate problem solving capacity through lateral, critical, innovative and creative connections among diverse fields of study in analyzing problems. They should also have developed the capacity to perceive many relevant features in business problems and situations, overcoming purely functional points of view.
Graduates should have developed the capacity to apply relevant tools of economic, financial and quantitative analysis.
Graduates should have a global perspective, based on an understanding of both the domestic and global environments of the organization and an acquaintance with current Nigerian and global best practices.
Graduates should have internalized high standards of professional ethics. They should see the management profession as an opportunity of service to society and to the other members of the organisations in which they work.
· Have well-developed work habits
· Have the ability to utilize leadership skills effectively
· Interact effectively in group situations
· Be able to manage in culturally diverse environments
· Have the ability to help others develop their skills
· Possess the capacity to resolve conflict effectively
· Be able to communicate efficiently both orally and in writing